New York City is one of the biggest and most widely recognised cities in the USA. Like all major cities, it is home to magicians - in this case Papa Midnite, who oversees a large chunk of its criminal activity and retains his power through voodoo magic.
Notable issues and stories set in New YorkEdit
- 'Hunger' sees a hunger demon, Mnemoth, let loose on the city with only John Constantine, Papa Midnite and Gary Lester standing in its way.
- 'Damnation's Flame' is set both in the real New York and it's Hell-bound mirror city as John Constantine finds himself at Papa Midnite's mercy.
- 'Papa Midnite' tells the story of Papa Midnite's formative years in 18th century New York.
- New York becomes the home of John Constantine in later series after Hellblazer, such as Constantine and Constantine: The Hellblazer. He moves to New York after he was cursed by a demon, but later moves back to London during the events of The Hellblazer: Rebirth.
- It also serves as the main setting of the Constantine television series.